Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas is such a great vegetarian dish, you won’t miss having meat at all! The sweet potatoes and chickpeas are so filling and the tomato sauce is so good.
Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas
This is a winter warming rather than a spicy hot curry. Taste the spices and enjoy their aromatic fullness.
- 2 whole onions red
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 whole pepper hot with its seeds
- 2 whole ginger peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes hot
- 1 tsp cilantro ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 2 lbs sweet potato peeled and cut into inch cubes
- 1/2 cup corn kernals
- 5 sticks celery
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 can tomatoes crushed
- 1 can coconut milk light
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and bell peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring often until the onions are translucent.
- garlic, ginger, corn, etc and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Bring to a heat, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and can be penetrated easily with a forkr.
This recipe is brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.