Delish, easy and appetizing! Make this for company or yourself!
- 1 heavy large skillet
- 6 cutlets chicken (3-ounce) pounded to evenly flatten
- dashes salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto sliced paper thin
- 1 box frozen spinach (10-ounce) thawed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 can chicken broth (14-ounce) low salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- Place the chicken cutlets on the work surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto on each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze frozen spinach to remove excess water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Place a thin layer of prepared spinach on the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese evenly. Beginning at the tapered end of the chicken cutlet, roll each cutlet as if it is a jelly roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet (with the chicken). Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Continue to simmer the liquid until it is reduced to 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken and drizzle the reduced liquid over the chicken.
Brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.