Let’s see how we can help you!
Looking for a completely natural type of therapy that has a long history of success? Meridian therapy could be ideal for you. Call the office to get started today.
Meridian Therapy Q & A
What is Meridian Therapy?
Meridian therapy is a traditional Chinese medical practice that’s based on restoring optimal energy flow throughout the 12 meridians in your body. Those meridians act as a kind of energy highway within your body. Your body’s essential energy (called Qi, in Chinese medicine) must move through these meridians freely for you to enjoy optimal health.
If your meridians are blocked, it can cause an imbalance in your body and mind, and the results can include pain, lethargy, and overall feeling of being unwell, along with many other problems. Meridian therapy restores your energy flow using gentle and natural hands-on acupressure methods.
Where are the meridians in my body?
The meridians are:
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
- San jiao
All of the meridians directly correspond with an organ, other than the san jiao. The san jiao, although not a physical organ, is often called the “heat” organ in meridian therapy. While it doesn’t generate heat, it aids in heat transfer between your organs.
Different problems connect to different meridians. For example, if you’re having back pain, the doctor might perform therapy on your bladder meridian.
What can meridian therapy help with?
Meridian therapy can help with many different things, including:
- Circulatory problems, including high blood pressure, low blood pressure, and heart disease
- Emotional issues, including anxiety and stress
- Fibromyalgia symptoms, including pain and tenderness
- Gastrointestinal conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease
- Gynecological conditions, including PMS, endometriosis, and infertility
- Menopause issues, including hot flashes and mood swings
- Neurological issues, such as chronic headaches
- Pain, such as back pain, neck pain, and other kinds of chronic pain
- Respiratory problems, including allergies, colds, and flu
- Urogenital issues, including chronic urinary-tract infections, incontinence, and low libido
- Weight issues, including overeating and binge eating
Meridian therapy is helpful for many other conditions and concerns, as well. If your health problem isn’t on the list above, talk to your doctor at Today’s Integrative Health about whether meridian therapy could help with your specific issues and concerns.
Looking for a completely natural type of therapy that has a long history of success? Meridian therapy could be ideal for you.