The Shrimp and Broccoli meal is quick and easy – and tastes great too! There is no dairy or gluten. The difference between the bright green broccoli and the pink shrimp are beautiful and can be served over rice or noodles. Let’s explain briefly:
Shrimp and Broccoli
- Large shrimp: It can be fresh or frozen, peeled or unpeeled. Tail on shrimp is the prettiest, but you’ll have remove the tails when eating.
- White onion
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce or coconut amino sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Sesame oil
This recipe comes together very quickly. You’ll saute the broccoli and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes. Then, you’ll pour over the sauce of vinegar, soy sauce /coconut amino sauce and chili garlic sauce and cook 1 minute more. Happy eating!
If you’d like to serve the Shrimp and Broccoli with noodles:
We recommend using rice noodles or soba noodles. Toss the cooked noodles with sesame oil and some salt so they’re flavored a little before serving.
If you’d like to serve the Shrimp and Broccoli with rice:
We recommend using brown or white rice. Make sure to start the rice before you begin to cook the shrimp.
Shrimp and Broccoli
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 lb shrimp large, deveined (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1.5 lbs broccoli 1 1/2 pounds (3 large heads)
- 1 whole onion white
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or coconut amino sauce (remember that soy sauce is saltier)
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 whole green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 lb rice or noodles
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp according to the package instructions.
- Chop the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces. Cut the onion into wide slices.
- In a measuring cup, stir together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, onion and salt and cook 5 to 6 minutes until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the shrimp is just about opaque, add the sauce mixture and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Serve with sesame seeds.