Try this Hearty Grain Scramble for a quick way to start your day!
Hearty Grain Scramble for Breakfast
This is a perfect healthy hearty breakfast! Great for using eggs and grains in a delicious way. I can't recommend this enough!
- 1 Skillet
- 1 saucepan
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 cups pea shoots
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil extra-virgin
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 whole scallions
- 6 whole eggs large
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts unsalted, roasted, crushed
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in bulgur and cover. Simmer until nearly tender, approximately nine minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit for three minutes.
- Roughly chop the bottom two thirds of the pea shoots. Fluff bulgur with fork and fold in the coconut oil, fish sauce, pea shoots from above and half the scallions.
- Beat eggs. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet on medium heat until shimmering. Add eggs and scramble to preferred doneness. Divide among bowls with bulgur, remaining scallions and pea shoots.
- Serve with peanuts.