Italian Sausage Boats. Sausage and zucchini are a classic pairing, and when you stuff the zucchini with sausage and top it with breadcrumbs, you create a truly low-carb dinner. This meal is easy to prepare and hearty enough to satisfy even the heartiest appetite. Plus, it’s perfect for those nights when you don’t have much time to cook. So give this recipe a try – your family is going to love it!
Italian Sausage Boats
You know those days when you just don’t feel like cooking? Well, this recipe is for you. These zucchini boats are filled with sausage and breadcrumbs, so they’re hearty and filling without being too heavy. Plus, they’re low-carb, so they won’t ruin your diet. Give them a try tonight!
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Large Bowl
- 4 whole zucchini halved lengthwise and the insides scooped out to make “boats” (save those insides!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 links chicken sausage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs Italian
- 3/4 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup fontina shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup basil chopped, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add chicken sausage and cook about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the breadcrumbs, 1/2 of cup of mozzarella, fontina, garlic, and basil.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini insides (remember you saved them) and top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and the cheese is golden about 15 minutes.
This recipe is brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.