MDPA Omega Plus contains balanced omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids with mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols. This is a complete essential fats formula providing eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) (important essential omega-3 fatty acids), gamma linolenic acid (GLA) (an important essential omega-6 fatty acid), as well as synergistic nutrients that optimize utilization and effectiveness in the body.
- The EPA and DHA are in the form of triglycerides derived from marine lipids (using patented flash molecular distillation) and the GLA is from cold-pressed borage seed oil. The mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols derive from rice bran oil, and are included in the softgel capsules for antioxidant protection of the polyunsaturated oils.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are known to play important roles in the formation of prostaglandins. The prostaglandins are important cellular regulators controlling inflammatory processes and pain in the body.
- EPA and DHA may be helpful in supporting healthy cardiovascular function, normal blood pressure, healthy joints, healthy skin, normal blood sugar regulation, normal cellular metabolism, and healthy kidneys.
- GLA may be useful in supporting healthy joints. While they are powerful independently, research has indicated that in a combined formula EPA, DHA, and GLA can have even greater benefits.
- Because these fatty acids have many double bonds that are prone to oxidation, Vitamin E is included in the forms of mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols. In addition, these forms of Vitamin E have been shown to support healthy blood vessels, enhance blood flow, protect serum lipids from oxidation (including LDL and HDL), trap harmful nitrogenous radicals, act as anti-proliferative agents, and provide powerful oxidative defense for the skin.
- Every batch of fish oil is tested and guaranteed to contain insignificant levels of heavy metals, PCBs, pesticides, and other organic chemical contaminants.*
DIRECTIONS: Take 2 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
STORAGE: Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
FORMULATED TO EXCLUDE: does not contain wheat, rye, oats, corn, barley, gluten, soy, egg, dairy, yeast, sugar, synthetic wax, GMOs, preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavorings
None of these statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.