This chicken dish, Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice in One Pot, is so simple to make yet so easy that it will become part of your rotation quickly. Great for a weeknight meal or for entertaining.
Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice in One Pot
- 1 Can Opener
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast skinless, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion diced
- 2 whole poblano peppers chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 14 1/2 ounces canned, cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 whole tomatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice uncooked and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp cilantro optional
- In a pot, heat a small amount of oil on medium–high heat. Heat to a shimmer. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pot. Add onion and poblano peppers and cook for 5-7 minutes. The onions and poblano peppers should be soft.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir twice.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Add chicken back to the pot. Add cilantro and combine by stirring.
This recipe is brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.