Caprese Salad is a healthy trio salad. Any one of these ingredients may have some pretty impressive heart-health benefits. It’s the most delicious, easy, classic salad: tomatoes, basil and mozzarella – yum!
Insalata Caprese is a simple Italian salad of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes topped with basil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. A perfect end of summer appetizer or side dish, especially when tomatoes are in season.
- 2 whole tomatoes in season, cut into slices (approx 16)
- 16 oz mozzarella fresh, cut into slices (approx 16)
- 12 whole basil leaves sliced in strips
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt fresh
- 1 pinch pepper fresh
- Place sliced mozzarella on a large plate, dish or platter
- Top with tomato, olive oil, balsamic, basil and salt and pepper to tate.
This recipe is brought to you by the team at Today’s Integrative Health.